Monday 19 September 2011

Week 1 Reflection on Brief and first task

My initial reaction to the brief was that modelling my own face would be a difficult task and the final model would be unlikely to resemble me. However a good source of video tutorials have been provided that will guide me through the process in detail http://cg-india.com/tutorials/3dsmax_tutorials_organic_modeling.html.

The first step was to line up my front and side view photographs so that they can be used as references when modelling. By using the lens distortion tool in photoshop and rulers as guides I flattened out my face and lined them up exactly. I had to take a second set of photographs as the first ones were too different to get a good match.

After this I was able to start on my topology of my face by drawing lines. I did this by defining my basic features then building quads whilst trying not to draw triangles as these cause problems in 3DS Max.

I hope to have this stage finished by next week.

I am looking forward to the group project as I will have the opportunity to use more of my own creative initiative when planning. We decided to research Finchingfield Guildhall individually and meet before next lecture to discuss our findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment