Thursday 20 October 2011

Face Mapping Continued




I had problems with mirroring my map parameter. This was resolved my adding a unwrap uvw map above the symmetry on the modifier stack. I then continued to line up and weld (Ctrl W) the verticies.
I saved the map as a JPEG and opened it in photoshop to make a mask as a guide for my texture. I resized the mask to be smaller than my orginal photographs so the the resolution would be better. I then started using the laso tool to cut and paste chunks of my face into place.
I used the patch tool to smooth out the harsh lines between the different shades on my face as the two reference photos had slightly different hue and saturation.
Having created a new material in 3DS max and adding the photoshoped image to it I can clearly see some areas that need colour added.

No comments:

Post a Comment